Monthly Treasure Box
Preschool - Kindergarten
Using creative drama and music, our youngest kids will be exploring stories that they can retell and make their own. Treasure Box classes are 45 minutes one day a week and run for a month at a time. For ages 3 ½ - 5 years or preschool-kindergarten students.
Grades 1 - 5
Production classes are beginner/intermediate classes for Grades 1st-5th. These classes will get your child excited about acting! We play lots of games and take our time learning the play. Each class is based on a theme. Classes meet weekly for 1.5 hours. Students will be taught acting basics such as seeking loudly, acting emotions, working as a team, basic terminology.
- Can they follow directions?
- Could they memorize up to 10 lines of dialogue?
- If the answer is "yes", then YES!
- To have a positive attitude and listening ears.
- To have their lines memorized before their show. This requires students to practice their lines a few times every week.
- To be open to playing new games, meeting new friends, and learning something new.
- Your student will grow in confidence.
- They will make new friends.
- They will play games, work on acting techniques, and gain confidence in themselves.
- Theatre brings families together! Practice your child's lines with them at home and help them feel confident at rehearsal.
Being a part of a production class is very exciting! There are lines to learn, songs to practice and choreography to perfect. Your student will have a lot to do! Parents are amazed at what their children are able to accomplish. You will be amazed at how much your child grows at the end of each production.
- Register for the production that suits your child's ability level and family schedule. We have payments plans that help break up the cost of tuition.
- The First Class: The teacher will play games, get to know your student and will usually get ideas from them about what their story will be and what part they will play.
- Rehearsal: Weekly rehearsals will continue and children will learn their blocking, music (if applicable) and practice as a team.
- Final Practice: Usually the week before the show, your student will be rehearsing in his or her costume (provided by Genesis), working with props, lights, and their set!
- Enjoy the Show! Revel in your child's success. Purchase your tickets online. Each family gets 2 complementary tickets to the show. The free ticket code will be emailed to you. Invite all your friends and family! Make it special for your young actor. Bring flowers!