JOB TITLE: OFFICE MANAGER
Location: 3100 Independence Pkwy, #324b, Plano, Texas 75024
Terms: Contractor (1099)
Requirements: 5 hours per day/5 days per week (may require some weekend work in conjunction with meetings/events)
Established in 2010, Genesis Children’s Theatre is a growing non-profit organization which strives to be an arts advocate for all children of North Texas. The environment created here is one where teaching the art and discipline of acting, as well as nurturing the students, is always the goal. Genesis has a small staff of passionate people who love what they do and strive for a welcoming and warm atmosphere for children to learn and explore their creative side.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual who will play an important role in creating and encouraging a positive, efficient, and effective organizational culture. He/she/they must have the ability to work independently as well as effectively in a fast-paced team environment. The Office Manager will be responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized and kept up to date.
- First point of contact for all office visitors and phone calls
- Provide correspondence support including email and phone calls
- Field and direct questions appropriately regarding all programming and offerings
- Act as point person for coordinating the rehearsal and production calendar
- Schedule both internal and external meetings, rehearsals, and performance spaces
- Manage and complete payments for royalties
- Learn the software and program our in-house ticketing and registration programs
- Coordinate and act as primary contact for all volunteer positions
- Manage inventory/ordering of office supplies, equipment, show t-shirts and cleaning supplies
- Act as point person for office maintenance, mailing, shipping, copying, filing and errands
- Manage petty cash and change
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience in handling a wide variety of related tasks (a minimum of 5 years’ experience is preferred)
- Excellent time management, verbal and written skills
- Proficiency in Google workspace sheets and documents
- Knowledge or ability to learn Canva
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
If interested in becoming a part of our team as Office Manager, please send a cover letter, resume with references, and preferred contact information to email@example.com and you will be contacted to set up an interview.
Please Note: To avoid any potential conflict of interest, we request only applicants who do not have children actively involved at Genesis.